Featured post

Chartography - contents

Here's the list of performers I'm going to feature over time. Will certainly add some over time😃 When a new chartography is publis...

21/01/2019

Statement of Intent

So, yet another blog on the internets☺ It's going to be concerned with the music chart stuff from the part - mainly 1970s and 1980s. Here I'll be posting links to various files I created and gathered or online resources, all to do with the charts from all over the world (hopefully ☺).

The main purpose of this is to publish the things I call chartographies - that is, a mix of discography and chart info - for various artists. I've been doing these things for a couple of years now, but this being just a labour of love that's interesting to very few, if I'm realistic, I see no reason to hold it privately or try to make any sort of commercial use of it. So it'll be free for all to download.

It won't be just random artists, though. Most of them will be from what is rather vaguely called "New Wave" of the late 1970s and 1980s - synthpop, new romantics etc. The usual suspects, you know. Some of them went on to considerable commercial success and international acclaim, while others had a few years (at most) of recognition and then faded due to one reason or other. Most of them I hold very dear to my heart and would like to preserve them, even if only in this way.

Other stuff will comprise of chart collections from various sources that are not readily available. Each one will be explained in the corresponding post. Lastly, links will lead to articles and discussions that I find interesting, enlightening or just plain fun.

With any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd also love to see comments, if only of "that's nice"/"that's crap" variety. Feedback keeps people going, so don't spare it☺

For now that's it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment